Thursday, September 26, 2013

nursery and a sciatic nerve

The nursery is officially done . . . we just need a little girl to decide to join us.  A big thanks to Sam for her help on the nursery – she is always my go-to decorating gal.  She found the cutest “ABC’s of London” print that was the beginning of the nursery!  And she also made her little niece a darling quilt.  She’s got sewing skills I definitely don’t have.

collage (1 of 1)

crib (1 of 1)

quilt (1 of 1)

Now on to the sciatic nerve part.  On Sunday morning I went to church and was actually feeling pretty good!  Then I came home and in a matter of seconds my back hurt sooooo bad I wanted to crawl up in a ball and disappear somewhere.  It was a crazy sciatic nerve that decided to act up on my left side of my back, through my butt, and down my leg.  It was awful.  I had Wes try to rub it and he was super soft and gentle but hit just the right spot that sent a pain through my back that sent tears to my eyes immediately.  The only positive part is that I wasn’t having any pre-labor contraction pain at the same time!  This pain carried on through Monday and I still have it but I’ve managed to learn a few stretches that help and if I keep it iced during the day, that helps too.

After weeks of pretty consistent pre-labor contractions I was convinced she was going to come early.  Now I’m pretty sure she’ll be late which is okay by me at this point since our primary program is on Sunday and I would love to not only see Nate, but all of our darling primary kids that we’ve worked so hard with this year! 

6 comments:

J-Leav said...

Alright young lady...every time I ask you if you're feeling alright you always say yes...you poor thing! That sounds AWFUL! And I feel terrible for crossing my fingers that you won't have this little darling before Sunday. Now I'll be crossing my fingers for less pain for you. You're an absolute trooper, linds!

J-Leav said...

Oh...and the nursery looks awesome! Love the curtains

mrs. timberlake said...

The curtains are probably my favorite. LOVE the entire room though :) Awesome quilt.

Hang in there, sister!

mrs. timberlake said...

oh ~ and i feel ya on the sciatic nerve experience. H*LL.

Melissa Snyder said...

What a darling nursery! It's so cute! Love the colors. Sorry about your sciatic nerve pain. Have you ever used dotERRA's Deep Blue Rub? It is fantastic for just that. Also lemongrass oil. Hope all goes well with the primary program. My most favorite sacrament mtg. of the year!

Lauren said...

I'm so glad you posted these on here. The Insta pics were too small for my style-stalking tendencies. You have the best taste. She is one lucky girl- cute nursery AND an amazing mama!