Sunday, August 28, 2011

oh happy day.

Today was Ryan’s first day in nursery.  I’m not gonna lie – it was fabulous for this mama.

1st day of nursery (1 of 1)

He’s very much a mama’s boy.  He’s Mr. Adventure but he likes me by his side.  Alot.  I managed to escape out rather quickly without him noticing and then as I was in the halls passing out rolls, etc. for my calling – I heard the familiar Ryan cry.

And it went on for over 30 minutes but I know the leaders well and knew they’d come get me when they’d had enough.  [Apparently he was doing great until another mom walked in that he knows and that’s when he realized his mama wasn’t there anymore!].

What made him stop crying?  SNACK time!  As soon as they broke out the food [which today was chicken nuggets, tater tots and fruit] he was all smiles.  There’s a cute Grandpa about my dad’s age in the nursery and he came up to me and said . . . “ I just have to ask – do you feed Ryan at home?”  I guess he consumed a large amount of food today!  But it kept him happy. :)

When I went to pick him up he almost didn’t even care that I was there.  He was walking around interacting with his new nursery buddies.

Primary without Ryan was HEAVENLY.  And after the tears – Ryan had a blast.

5 comments:

J-Leav said...

We're going to miss him as our little mascot in primary, but I am so happy he is having a good time!

Kiley said...

Snack time?? That was a whole meal! Go Ryan!! I can't believe he is old enough to go to nursery! Glad he did great!

mrs. timberlake said...

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. excuse me.... you guys serve LUNCH in nursery... oh deary.

we need to chat.

Alyssa Griffeth said...

Holy cow!!! I can't believe what snack time is in your ward! That's awesome because church is always right during lunch time and then Maddie falls asleep the second we get in the car (so she usually skips lunch on Sundays).

We are counting down the months till Maddie goes into nursery...4 1/2 to go!

Doreen Griffeth said...

Yeah!!! What a boy! Thanks for sharing this milestone!
Love,
MOM G