Wednesday, August 3, 2011

college roommate reunion 2011

four of us in front yard (1 of 1)

four of us by lake (1 of 1)

oohh, I love my college roommates.  Laurel P. / Laurel W. / Trisha  / and I lived together our entire time at BYU.  [Well, we lost Laurel W. to Brad our junior year, but still].  We had an absolute blast the entire time.

all of us close up LP (1 of 1)

We try to get together regularly.  This summer it was in Huntsville, Utah.  And it was FABulous.

Laurel W’s parents . . . the Holt Family . . . live in Huntsville in a beautiful home on lots of land that happens to be on a lake.  If you picture an absolute dream spot to live, this is it.  And we got to spend a kid-free weekend there.

A few details . . .

. We took out the jet skis which was really fun!  All we had to do was walk out the back door, down the backyard, and through some tall grass and there you were at the lake & the jet skis.  I was a passenger to Laurel P. and it was definitely a wild ride.  She tells me right as we start driving that she’s crashed a jetski before. :)  But we didn’t crash this time and it was really fun to be out on the lake.  Laurel’s little brother, Price is a senior in high school so he still lives at home.  He was so great to us all weekend – helping with the jetskis, etc!

laurel and price by jetski (1 of 1)

4 girls on jetskis (1 of 1)

trisha and LP ready to jetski (1 of 1)

. We took out the paddle boards which was a first for all of us. [Laurel W is pregnant so she stayed back for a few activities!]  It wasn’t nearly as hard as I thought but I still had a hard time balancing at times.  Trisha took a little fall but impressively stayed on the board and didn’t lose her oar.  It got a little tricky when boats came by and created some pretty big waves!

lindsay on paddleboard (1 of 1)

LP and trish on paddleboards (1 of 1)

LP on paddle board (1 of 1)

trish on paddleboard (1 of 1)

. We spent a few hours in the pool chatting, reading & relaxing.  Somehow in the middle of all of that Trisha decided to teach us an aqua aerobics class.  She’s a group fitness instructor at 24 Hour Fitness & felt like exercising.  It was actually a fun workout and I’m sore!

. We ate meals at weird hours because we could. It was great having freedom from our little ones schedules.  Between all of us there are 8 kids [and one on the way] and while we love them to death, it was great to have a break.  So we took advantage of it, for sure!  Next time we’ll schedule it for a little longer. :)

. We sat outside on these high Adirondack chairs and looked out at the lake and chatted some more.

lindsay, LP & LW on white chairs  (1 of 1)

LP, LW & Trish on white chairs (1 of 1)

. Price took us on a golf-cart tour of the cute town of Huntsville.  I’m starting to really enjoy small towns!

price's golf cart tour (1 of 1)

. We enjoyed the Holts beautiful home.  Laurel’s dad . . . Jeff . . . is one of the most creative people you’ll ever meet.  He comes up with these ideas and actually follows through with them and it’s pretty fun!  He has unique stuff all over the house.

[the house from the backyard]

holt home from backyard (1 of 1)

[views from the back patio]

backyard (1 of 1)

pool faraway (1 of 1)

pool from side (1 of 1)

[the adorable chicken coop.  the farm fresh eggs were wonderful]

chicken coop (1 of 1) 

the chickens (1 of 1)

[flag pole & english garden]

flag pole (1 of 1)

-english gardens- (1 of 1) 

[and you can’t forget the life-size Sorry board].

  girls on life size sorry board (1 of 1)   

It was great to see you, girls.  A big thanks to Laurel W. and your wonderful family for opening up your beautiful home!  Can’t wait to do it again.

Oh, and a special thanks to Wes for being super dad while I was gone.  He surprised me and painted the playroom [I’ve been wanting it grey for a while now] while I was gone and Nate insisted that they buy me flowers at Costco for my return!  I love my boys.

8 comments:

Laurel said...

it was "FABulous!" In my defense about the jet ski crash...it was over 10 years ago...I was in high school and being stupid with a friend.

J-Leav said...

That is just the world's coolest house! I'm so glad you had a great time. I'm excited to see the play room!

Street Fam said...

I love Huntsville! We keep saying we want to move there someday! :) It's just 20 min. up the canyon from us. I bet you passed the exit to my house. :)

Julie T. said...

Wow, looks like a fabulous time!!

Ali said...

And you all laugh at me for wanting land and chickens.....

Alisha said...

How fun! Looks like the perfect getaway.

Doreen Griffeth said...

What a great weekend! What a beautiful home! I would love to run away, too, to a place like that!
Wow!
Love,
MOM G

The Skeehan Family said...

one word. wow. (oh and jealous) :)

and that house??? HOLY. MOLEY!

Glad you guys were actually able to pull it off, looks like it was a fantastic time.