Monday, March 21, 2011

another event-filled weekend.

.Our stake’s 1st Annual FUN RUN. 

GV stake FUN RUN (1 of 1)

It was a great activity.  I looked out the window that morning and the wind almost kept us home.  But then I decided to take Nate and Wes stayed home with Ryan.  I was planning on us doing the 1 mile run instead of the 5K [we had a birthday party to be to at 10am] so I didn’t bring a stroller.  But we started running with Ali/Tripp/Sam and Nate and I made it somewhere past the 1 mile but certainly not the 5K before it was time to leave for the party.  Nate was a trooper.  It was hilarious, actually.  He started out running so fast – almost to where I almost couldn’t even keep up.  And then after a while he’d sprint & then fall to the floor for a break.  He looked at us with this look of “why in the world are you making me do this?”  Every time we asked him if he wanted a ride in the stroller, he’d stand up – and say “I’m not giving up” like a superhero and be on his way.  Sprinting.  By the end, he finally caved and let Tripp push him for a few hundred yards.

It was fun to be able to do this with the Thompson clan and Sam!  All of the kiddos did great.  Hopefully Wes and Ryan can join us next year.  And maybe with a new knee, my dad can actually walk it instead of driving around in his truck saying hi.

5K cousins (1 of 1)

Nate eventually accepted a stroller ride.  Or a ride on Aunt Sam’s back.

nate and abs in stroller (1 of 1)

.We ran home for a quick shower before heading to Chase’ birthday party at Shark Reef.  The kids loved it!  What a great party.

chase bday party (1 of 1)

.Abbie’s soccer game.  She scored a goal!

.BYU beat Gonzaga.  Hello Sweet 16.

.Sunday dinner with the family.  This hasn’t happened in months and months – it was nice. 

I love weekends full of FUN.  They are much better than weekends full of chores!

3 comments:

J-Leav said...

I love that picture of you and nate! You look so pretty :) You always look pretty, but you are an exceptional beauty if you can look that good after running out in the crazy wind

Doreen Griffeth said...

What fun! I could see Nate doing this!
Thanks for sharing!
Love,
MOM G

The Skeehan Family said...

I love the pictures! It totally looks like it was a blast! If I'm ever on the activities committee again, I'm totally copying :)