Sunday, October 31, 2010

wes turned 30

Wes turned 30 a week ago on October 25th.  Wes was adamant that no party was to be thrown or anything elaborate for him on his birthday.  I respected those wishes but tried to make it a special birthday in other ways.  I do love birthdays!

wes with his boys (1 of 1) 

His birthday weekend consisted of the PBR on Friday night [his favorite outing of the year] & a work dinner on Sunday night at Joes Stone Crab at Caesars Palace -a really yummy free meal that we always enjoy with pretty good company. 

pbr 2010 (1 of 1)

On his actual birthday, he had a long day in meetings at the Bellagio but when he came home he was greeted with party hats, birthday cake, cupcakes & presents.  Nate was sooooo excited it was his dad’s birthday.  He wore his birthday hat all afternoon & drew picture after picture for his dad!  I made him his all-time favorite cake that his grandma Griffeth and dad always made for his birthday.  It’s a chocolate-chip applesauce cake made from scratch.  I am more of a boxed cake maker so he knew we did something special when he saw that on the table.  That night I had a babysitter come over and I took him to his all-time favorite restaurant: The Pasta Shop.  We hadn’t been there in almost a year so it was a special treat for us to go!

nate blowing out candles (1 of 1)

presents (1 of 1)

yay dad (1 of 1) 

His big surprise is something he’s wanted for a while but didn’t think he’d actually get: an ipad.  I certainly wasn’t ready to buy a gift that big on my own and since Wes’ family is pretty awesome I knew they’d want to go in on it with me since it’s such a practical gift for him with all of his traveling.  They were all super excited so I was able to get it for him with the help of the entire Griffeth clan and my parents.  Lets just say he’s in love.

His final birthday celebration was tonight.  We went over to my parents house early for some soup and my mom surprised Wes with a few mini nothing-bundt-cakes to celebrate.   

 cake at grandmas (1 of 1)

Wes seemed to have a great week as he entered a new decade of life.  Thanks to all who called, dropped stuff off & remembered his special day! 

Happy Birthday, Weston R.

6 comments:

J-Leav said...

Happy Birthday, you old Duffer! (sorry, but "you old duffer" was probably my favorite Man from Snowy River line)

leigh and spencer said...

We were so excited to be apart of something so special. Wes, hope you felt the BIG presence of the North Georgians in that tiny IPAD! We love you and happy BIG 30th again!!!!

Alisha said...

Applesauce Chocolate Chip cake...your wife must really love you!

Andrus Family said...

Happy Birthday Wes! I better get something as good as an Ipad when I turn 30!! Lucky!

Melissa Snyder said...

Happy Birthday Wes! Wow, an Ipad! I wish my birthdays were that good. Looks like you had a great day.

Doreen Griffeth said...

We LOVE this boy! He has brought a lot of joy to our family! I am sorry I missed this post! Fun to see him on his big day!
Love,
MOM G