Monday, October 18, 2010

i guess it pays to have an 80 year old ironing lady.

confession: we have an ironing lady.  She’s super cheap and it’s well worth the .50 to have her iron Wes’ long sleeve button downs that he regularly wears to work.  And yes, she’s around 80 years old but she loves ironing.

The other day I was there picking up some shirts and she showed me this slide thingy in her backyard that her grandson never uses.  It’s pretty much brand new – other than a little fading from the sun.  She wanted it to go to a nice home with kids who’d use it so she sent it home with Wes a few days later.  The slide retails for about $300 so you can imagine my excitement.  In this picture, Nate is playing pirates.  He was often heard yelling, “pirates ahoy!”

nate on new slide (1 of 1) 

She was obviously in “clear out my house mode” because she got rid of this pretty-much BRAND NEW train/car table, too.  It will get put to good use in a house with two boys.

nate with new table (1 of 1)

It was like Christmas in October at the Griffeth house.

6 comments:

Kiley said...

Lucky! I want an ironing lady now! Those are awesome, your boys will love them. If she's getting rid of a dresser or any girly toys grab those too!

Julie T. said...

I need an ironing lady too... actually I would die for a cleaning lady! What a sweet lady to give you those things:) It looks like both of them will be put to good use. Post some pics of the things you got at IKEA. I am curious to see what you got...

The Skeehan Family said...

hmmmm..... I wonder if she does shipments :)

Becky Chatwin said...

That is AWESOME! I love it when that happens.

Amander said...

Such cute kids. It was fun to see you guys in person last weekend!

And my mom has refused to iron my dad's shirts since the first year of their marriage. I think I will follow in the same pattern when I get married one day :)

Doreen Griffeth said...

All around LUCKY YOU!
Ironing and hand me downs in one!
Love,
MOM G