Sunday, July 25, 2010

an SLC adventure

We recently had our annual weekend with the Andrus Family in SLC for the 24th of July. Oh, we miss having them around the corner.

PART 1 of our SLC ADVENTURE:

The boys and I flew up a few days early with my dad to see my Grandma Florence {my mom's mom} who isn't doing all that well. I send her pictures regularly of the boys and she's been dying to see them in person so I wanted to make that happen for her. We spent some time at her house on Wednesday and Thursday and she loved it. Nate was shy at first but by the end was giving her hugs and telling her he loved her.



The boys and I also managed to take a mini-tour of Utah {that's what it felt like, at least!} to see some family and friends that we don't get to see very often. Nate absolutely loved playing with endless kiddos . . .

Nate & Zack Brown (my cousin Shannon's little boy). They were instant buds.



Nate and his good buddy, Seth who recently moved to Pleasant Grove a few months ago. We met him at the Dinosaur Museum at Thanksgiving Point.



We met up with my Aunt Tina and cousin Jen at Jen's beautiful home in Kaysville. There were around 10 cousins to play with - 4 of which were three year olds. They had fun!


The boys were TROOPERS on our driving adventures!
Part 2 of our SLC Adventure: The Andrus Family
We picked Wes up from the airport on Thursday evening and that began our time with Ryan, Leslie and their kiddos Millie & Tyler. We all had a great time but it was especially nice to have Millie & Nate play so well together. They both asked for each other constantly and overall had a blast together.
While we were there - Millie & Nate got to go to Wheeler Farm. We went to a Splash Park. Played at the parks around their house. In their little pool in the backyard. Ate yummy food. Talked alot. Ryan & Wes played a round of golf at Thanksgiving Point. Leslie and I had an afternoon at Gardner Village doing some shopping. Played a round of Rook. Watched a few movies. Fireworks for the 24th of July. Rode scooters. We had fun.
Wheeler Farm





Nate introduced Millie to a little Fraggle Rock.
Watching Fireworks


Having fun outside. Speaking of being outside - I love Utah summers. They are perfect. It was so nice to be able to be outside without literally feeling like you are in an oven. And the nights were actually cool instead of remaining at 100 degrees. I need to win the lottery to have a summer home there.



It won't be long before these two are buds.
Little Tyler struggled the entire weekend we were there. Poor guy just cried and cried. Turns out he had a double-ear infection! I know Ryan & Les were glad there was an excuse for his behavior because he was giving them a run-for-their-money! Hopefully he feels better soon.
Thanks Andrus Family for letting us stay with you and visit! We always enjoy seeing you. Escape the cold this winter and come our way.
our little family: July 2010

9 comments:

Doreen Griffeth said...

LOVE these pictures and love the new look with your BIG boys!
Thanks for sharing everything you were able to pack into that trip.
WOW! It makes your GA trips look DEAD!
Love,
MOM G

Alisha said...

I love Wheeler farm...sounds like a good time!

Kiley said...

What a fun weekend!! their kiddos are getting so big, hope Tyler feels better soon!

Laurel said...

looks like a very busy, but fun trip! Glad the kids all got along.

mrs. timberlake said...

hold please.... FRAGGLE ROCK?
That is such a flashback for me... down in froggle rock...

Do you have a dvd? obviously? it's not on some channel I am missing is it?

details!

Andrus Family said...

I just showed Millie these pictures, and once we reached the end of the post she said "I want to see Nate again!" I think we've got little buddies for life! We had so much fun, and I think we might just have to take you up on your winter offer...that is if our lovely child doesn't have any ear infections! :)

Julie T. said...

I totally agree with you about the Utah summers. . . I love them too! How fun for your boys to have so many kids to play with! I remember going to your Grandma's house in college- that was quite a few years ago!

Unknown said...

Nothing like a SLC trip. It's funny, going to school there I was more then ready to get out of Utah. Now It's so fun to go back for visits and reminisce.

katierose said...

ohmygosh, that looks like the funnest trip! i am totally with you...utah summers are HEAVEN! every time we visit in the summer i want to move there. and every time we visit in the winter i want to never move there :). we are taking our annual 10 day trip to slc this friday, and after reading your blog i'm getting excited!!!