Friday, November 20, 2009

a {glimpse} in to our week

We had a busy / productive / fun week getting ready to go out of town tomorrow. Here's a little bit of what we've been up to:
  • First off - it's Abbie's 4th birthday on Sunday. Ali {abbie's mama/my sister} is not a fan of the mall. But Abbie totally is - she loves the Galleria Mall which she calls the Sunshine Mall. Sam & I love any mall so we asked Abbie if she'd like to come with us to the mall for her birthday to pick out a present. So today was the big outing. We went in to a number of stores letting her decide which one was her favorite. Claire's was by far the winner. She found a princess section in the back and was in 4-year-old-little-girl-heaven. She fell in LOVE with a giant pink princess backpack and a few accessories. We finished the trip to the mall with a trip to the candy store where she picked out this giant lollipop. I think she had a good time with her aunties. I'm glad I have a little girl that will go shopping with me because I'm pretty sure my boys won't be too enthused!

  • Wes spent a good chunk of the week in Burbank, Fresno & Ontario, California.
  • I put all of our fall and Thanksgiving stuff away so we can come home and put Christmas up! I'm still hoping we'll have time to at least get the tree up tomorrow before we leave.
  • I went on a scrapbooking mission to finish Nate's scrapbook SOON. So while Wes was gone, I scrapbooked many nights in to the early hours of the morning.
  • We cleaned alot. I love coming home to a clean house.
  • Work was crazy busy.
  • Got my hair done and my eyebrows waxed.
  • Ordered our Christmas cards.
  • Did a little Christmas shopping.
  • Nate did Thanksgiving crafts with Grandma at library storytime and at Hadley's house.
  • Went on our 3 mile walk with friends a few times this week.
  • Made treats for the girls I visit teach.
  • Went to a holiday party.
  • LAUNDRY.
  • Packing. Packing. and more Packing. Leaving for 8 days is a lot harder to pack for than a weekend getaway. And trying to come up with activities for Nate for our almost 12 hour {YES, I said 12 hours} adventure door-to-door has been a treat. But WELL worth a trip to Georgia to see Wes' family. Everyone will be there this year so we're just a little excited to get there!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING. We'll be back in a week!

5 comments:

laurel said...

Have a great week and Happy Thanksgiving!!

Alyssa Griffeth said...

What a week!! That's pretty close to what my life feels like right now. Except fewer of the FUN things, and a lot more of the yucky work stuff. Blah! I can't wait until tomorrow, so we can officially start RELAXING!

Hope your day of travel goes well. See you SOON!

Alisha said...

Can't wait to see you all. Have a safe trip getting here and we'll see ya Tuesday!

mrs. timberlake said...

So anxious to hear how the traveling part of your vacay went. I know you were super stoked for this getaway, so enjoy every minute of it ~ You deserve it!

(frown to Wes being gone so much)

Amander said...

Oooh, you are so organized - I hope you had a great holiday and can come home and get the Christmas stuff out :) Less than a month away now.