Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Janie’s name

snoozin in stroller (1 of 1)

When we went to the hospital to have Janie we really had no clue what we were going to name her.  We didn’t really even talk about it much {which is nothing new}.  You see, I’m extremely indecisive so if you give me 6 months to decide her name I will take the entire 6 months.  If you give me one day in the hospital, I’ll figure it out in one day. 

Jane is my middle name and I knew I wanted to use that somehow.  Just wasn’t sure if it was going to be her first name or her middle name. 

When the nurse brought her back to us after her bath, she said . . . “you’ve got a sassy one.”  Once again, nothing new!  For some reason that ruled out the name Jane as her first name.  Just seemed too sweet and classic for my sassy little one.  Growing up, my dad always called me Janie and I’ve always liked the name – a classic with a little bit of a twist.  Wes liked it, too. 

So that’s where Janie came from.  Her middle name, Anne?  Well, my mom’s middle name is Jane and her sister’s {my Aunt Linda} middle name is Anne.  I got the middle name Jane and Sam got the middle name Anne.  I figured I’d keep that tradition going {but since we’re not planning on having any more kids} I decided to use both for our little girl!  So she’s named after her Aunt Sam, Aunt Linda & her Aunt Leslie!  Lots of Anne’s from a great family.

1 comment:

The Skeehan Family said...

I love this story! And I love how you gave her name a little spice because you already know she is going to have a little spice :)
And good thing too, I think she is going to need it with those two older brothers of hers.

By the way, I have just spent the last 10 minutes catching up, reading all the blogs (I've decided it's high time I stop the blog-drought) and I have been LOVING all the posts! You are so good :)

love you!