Wednesday, January 23, 2013

christmas fun 2012

I love the Christmas season.  It always creeps up on me and I never do everything on my Christmas to do list but it's just a magical time of year.  

We kicked it off right with a trip to Disneyland to see it during Christmas time & it was full steam ahead from there.  

Our Elf, Santa Elf, got a little more creative this year which the boys loved.  

IMG_4174

elf with RB (1 of 1)

elf with TP (1 of 1)

IMG_4304

Nate made a trap to try to catch Santa.

santa trap (1 of 1)

We took a family trip to Cowboy Christmas.

cowboy christmas

Our Primary Presidency did the 12 days of Christmas for a family - I especially love serving others this time of year. 

We did our 2nd Annual trip to the Santa Train in Boulder City.  I bought 50 tickets this year - it's fun going with friends!

ryan looking out train (1 of 1)

IMG_4266

A.A.T (1 of 1)

nate.carter (1 of 1)

ryan smile (1 of 1)

ryan.abbie (1 of 1)

santa on train with nate (1 of 1)

treese (1 of 1)

Our Senior Primary sang at the Springs Preserve one night.  Nate & Abbie knew all of the songs so I let them tag along and sing as well.  It was a neat experience for the kids & the Springs Preserve is always a hit.  Wes took our boys home a little early while Abbie and I stayed for the second performance.  We were pretty chilly so we stopped for a hot chocolate on the way home!

IMG_4334

abbie reindeer ride (1 of 1)

choir (1 of 1)

nate.abbie (1 of 1)

sign (1 of 1)

snow (1 of 1)

abbie and lindsay (1 of 1)

We made it to the Cactus Gardens at Ethel M.

photo

I got to fill my van full of cub scouts to go caroling to people in our ward.

IMG_4358

Ali, Sam & I went to watch the kids join Papa & Grandma in the Henderson Christmas parade.

IMG_4297

December was a great month.  Amidst all of the activities - it is always wonderful to focus on the birth of our Savior and the wonderful example He is. 

1 comment:

J-Leav said...

What a fun December! I'm so glad I was part of some of your fun