Tuesday, September 4, 2012

First day of school 2012

Today was the boys first day of school!

first day of preschool 2012

We decided to hold Nate back so he’d be the oldest in his class instead of the youngest – which means he had his first day of preschool today!  This is his 3rd year of preschool so he’s got the hang of it by now.  He loves his teacher, Ms. Joy and was excited to be back in school. 

1st day of 2yearold preschool

I have a very brave friend – Jamie Frandsen.  She decided to teach a 2 year old preschool class in her house on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10:45am – noon.  I signed Ryan right up!  Ryan has quite a mean/rebellious streak in him so I was a little curious to see how this was going to go.  We’ve talked about school for the last week and how we have to use nice words and we have to be nice to the other kids.  He was SO excited this morning.  He asked me over and over when he could go to Ms. Jamie’s house from 7am until drop off!  We dropped Nate off at 9am and ran a few errands.  When we were finally on our way to Jamie’s house Ryan says “no you school, mom.  just me.”  It’s amazing what they are aware of!  He’s watched me drop Nate off at school for 2 years now and there was no way his mom was staying with him!  Apparently he did FABULOUS.  Totally listened to directions and participated in all of the activities without really being distracted.  When I opened the door to come get him – as soon as he sees me he yells – “MOM!  Me nice school!”  It was awesome – I could totally tell he was aware that he needed to be nice and was so proud of himself.  I love that Jamie gave him this opportunity to do something on his own!

I drop Ryan off at school right before I have to go get Nate.  Which means I get one-on-one time with each of the boys on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  It’s going to be great!

2 comments:

Sammy said...

i love the face ryan is making in that picture. glad both boys are loving school!

The Skeehan Family said...

I am SO SO SO SO SO glad Ryan is loving his preschool and having fabulous behavior! Always makes me optimistic something I'm saying is resonating... somewhere... when they listen to people and do well! Yay!!!! Good job mama :)

And Nate's pictures are DARLING. Can I tell you how pleased I am that he and Claire start together next year! Seriously.