Friday, January 27, 2012

my latest read

365 thank yous

My parents gave this book to all of their kids this year for Christmas – 365 Thank Yous.  I just finished reading it and I really enjoyed it!  It’s about a man whose life was in the dumps.  After a moment on a mountain & a note in the mail . . . he was inspired to start writing thank you notes - 365 to be exact.  This act of acknowledging people in his life and good things in his life caused him to become grateful for the things he did have and in the end, changed everything for him.  Plus, I’m a huge fan of hand-written notes.  Receiving a piece of actual mail will always be better than an email or text!

I love book recommendations so here are a few of my other favorites off-the-top-of-my-head:

forgotten garden

the kitchen house

new york

guernsey

I particularly love all of Sarah Addison Allen’s books.

sugar queen

sweetness

still alice

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you thank you thank you for posting all these books. I am ALWAYS looking for a good read. I meant to post more good reads on my blog but always seem to forget! I loved the kitchen house too. I just read one similar to it called The Wedding Gift. I forget who wrote it. If you liked Kitchen House you'll love it.