Wednesday, January 25, 2012

City Councilman John Marz

city councilman

Yep, my pops is officially a member of the Henderson City Council & I’m proud of him.

My dad and I started working together when he opened Marz & Company almost 7 years ago.   I’ve really gotten to see different sides of my dad in those 7 years and one of the things I learned is that there’s always been a part of him that wants to be involved in politics.  He was planning to run for the Henderson City Council in a few years but then Councilwoman Vermillion resigned & there was an empty seat and he decided he wanted to try for it.  Instead of spending the money to hold an election they decided to appoint someone to the position & out of 12 candidates – they chose my dad.  And they made a great decision!  He’ll be a great asset to our city for the next year and a half.  Good job, dad!

http://www.lvrj.com/news/businessman-to-replace-henderson-councilwoman-137941283.html

3 comments:

Julie T. said...

That's great!! Happy to have him as my City Councilman:)

J-Leav said...

Yay!!! you're like one of Obama's daughters now :)

Doreen Griffeth said...

Congratulations! Yeah! He will be great!
MOM G