Thursday, July 16, 2009

We're back from paradise

We are back from our week in Hawaii! We're slowly adjusting to reality - so it may take me a few days to post about our trip - but I had to post about Nate.

Wes and I were curious to see how Nate would react to seeing us again. He's at an age where he can definitely ask for mom and dad but doesn't understand that we're just going on vacation and we'll be back for him.

We walked in to my parent's house yesterday morning and as soon as he saw us, he couldn't get the grin off his face. He kept saying daddy over and over again while running around the house soooo excited. It was nice to know he was glad to see us! Nate and my mom started showing us all of his new tricks . . .

- He can sing part of "Happy Birthday to you . . ". She's getting him ready for his birthday party but apparently he'd rather wish Abbie a happy birthday!

- George, his stuffed monkey, now wears a diaper just like Nate.

- My mom always teaches him new cheers/sayings. This time it's a chant for an i-cone. It goes like this . . . "I-cone. I-cone. ra, ra, ra". See the video.

- He says "no way - jose". But it sounds more like "no way - horsie."

- Nate is very aware of names. He knows that his dad's name is Wes. His mom's name is Lindsay. And after hearing my mom call my dad John over and over, he knows Papa's name is John. He struggled to take a nap yesterday {which never happens} so after he said, "mama - where are you?" over and over and I didn't go in for him, he started saying, "Papa John, where are you?" over and over. That one made me laugh out loud.

He was extremely happy yesterday - I tried to get him to do all of his new tricks on video but it didn't exactly happen. But I at least captured his goofy personality!

6 comments:

mrs. timberlake said...

Welcome, Welcome, back to the land of heat waves, work and toddlers.

Addison is singing Happy Birthday too, because PBS now has Happy Birthday messages before Caillou in the mornings... anyways, she sings it as Happy Birthday CHOO CHOO instead of "to you" -

I loved your video and getting caught up on Naters.

Julie T. said...

Welcome home. I bet the adjustment is a little difficult after being in such a beautiful place for a week:) I also bet you have a great tan!!

Alisha said...

So darn cute...can't get enough!

leigh and spencer said...

We can't wait to hear about the trip, but love seeing Nate in action even more! How fun are those boys!

Doreen Griffeth said...

Too cute! What a boy! What a wonderful grandma who teaches him so many great things! Thanks for sharing!
Love,
MOM G

katierose said...

it's fun to get away for some alone time, but it sure is nice to get home to your baby! he's so lucky to spend a whole week with 2 doting grandparents! nate is such a ham...i just love him!!!