Friday, July 31, 2009

2-year molars



I think that's what these teeth are called that are turning my sweet little boy in to a hellian.

This week has been a rough one. {although today has been much better.} Nate has been in so much pain with these teeth!

- His hands live in the back of his mouth and he tells me it hurts all day long.
- He asks for medicine to help it feel better. He's trying to open the tylonel himself in the photo above.
- He cries and cries and nothing that I try will soothe him.
- He can't sleep.
- He's just mean.

I don't blame him. I feel really bad he's in this much pain. While most of his teeth have bothered him as they come in - nothing has been like this. One popped through yesterday . . . three more to go. :)

On a HAPPY note, thanks to Kiley . . . Nate peed in the potty today for the first time! He's shown interest lately but has yet to actually pee. But he did today. Thanks Kiley!

6 comments:

Alyssa Griffeth said...

Olivia's been going through the same thing. Her first one popped through last week and it was rough!!

Becky Chatwin said...

So sad! You gotta feel for these little ones, bc there is really nothing to do but give them tylenol and hope these teeth bust through sooner than later. Good luck!

Doreen Griffeth said...

Love that boy!!!! This too shall pass.
Love,
MOM G

familyof4 said...

Hang in there, they will eventually come in and things will be back to normal =) We were just in that phase a few months ago when Lauren's came in at the same time.

I found Mortin worked a lot better with the Molar pain. Just an suggestion.

Kiley said...

glad i can help your kid with the potty, i wish my kid would do it!

The Skeehan Family said...

oooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhh, you just made a marginal light bulb go off for me. I wonder if Claire is either channeling Nate or having her own teeth woes as well. She won't let me in her mouth so it's probably the latter. The child WON'T sleep, I'm talking going to bed at 10:00 or later and fighting for over an hour for even a little nap.

Hmmmmm.......