Wednesday, July 9, 2014

4th of July at the cabin 2014

We took a red-eye home from Hawaii and arrived home on Thursday.  Talk about being out of whack.  But I just couldn’t miss a 4th of July at the cabin.  Wes happily stayed in Vegas with Janie and the boys and I picked up Aunt Sam & Katelyn and drove to the cabin on July 4th. {festivities there are always on a Saturday}. 

I’m glad we did.  Saturday was a fun day.  The boys played with their cousins & decorated the cabin car for the parade.  Then my mom started what may be a yearly tradition and had 40+ people over for a BBQ before the parade.  The Earl clan, Weidauer clan & Will Stewart clan came over to our cabin for dinner.  It was pretty fun!  The kids ate and then left to go exploring.  One thing to remember is when my mom made all of us stand on the back deck and recite the pledge of allegiance.  I sure do love my mother.

kids on forest walk (1 of 1)

And then the looked-forward to parade.  Kids love it.  And my parents are troopers.

IMG_1856

IMG_1875

IMG_1876

So glad to live in America.  And so glad to have the cabin for my kids to grow up with such wonderful memories.

This was a favorite moment of mine.  Abbers celebrating the 4th of July with her Canada sweatshirt and Union Jack boots.

abbie on july 4 (1 of 1)

No comments: