Thursday, May 17, 2012

disneyland

My sisters and I took the big kids on our 2nd annual trip to Disneyland in May.  Going in the middle-of-the-week in May treated us well, again!  [my mom and Wes had a great time with Ryan.]  AND – I bought Nate & I a season pass to Disneyland so we’re going to have a year packed of DISNEYLAND!

clan with mickey instagrammed

glasses (1 of 1)

I love going with my sisters.  We are all three Disney fans and it makes being there together really fun.  We left on Monday and got to Anaheim right about dinner time so we went straight to Downtown Disney to walk around and eat.  They have a lego store there with disney characters built from legos and a fun lego ramp.  Nate LOVED it.  When my Disney pass expires it may be time for a trip to Lego Land.

beast lego

We did a 2-day park hopper this year.  What a difference the extra day makes!  We didn’t have to try to cram everything in to one day.  It was really my first visit to California Adventure which was fun. We took time for shows, the parade, rides & to meet characters.  We learned 2 new things on this trip: 1). There are delicious salads at the Pizza Port.  2). There is a magical hour before the park opens on Main Street.  There are characters roaming about and it’s just great.  We were one of the first cars there one morning – we loved it!

The kids LOVED to meet characters this trip.  Aunt Sam made them autograph books and they were a huge hit.

auto books

pooh (1 of 1)

woody (1 of 1)

cinderella (1 of 1)

mickey (1 of 1)

snow white (1 of 1)

pinocchio (1 of 1)

sleeping beauty (1 of 1)

chip and dale (1 of 1)

d duck (1 of 1)

gepetto (1 of 1)

pluto (1 of 1)

Q of H (1 of 1)

goofy (1 of 1)

tigger (1 of 1)

I quickly learned that while Nate is brave at a number of things – rides at Disneyland is not one of them!  Luckily all 3 kiddos were cautious so we mostly all stuck together. 

Somehow Nate did really like Splash Mountain. It was the only “big” ride we went on.  At the end of our first ride – he yells “Now I know why it’s called SPLASH Mountain!”  We were soaked.  After Abbie saw her face in this picture, she says “oooh, I’m not looking so well.”

splash mountain (1 of 1)

teacup ride (1 of 1)

pooh

teacup

river run

The FERRIS WHEEL is worth documenting.  I am not a huge fan of ferris wheels but I went anyway.  Ali suggested that we try the swinging cars . . . why not?  So we jump in and we’re all doing fine . . . .

ferris wheel happy (1 of 1)

thompsons (1 of 1)

UNTIL . . . we start coming down on our final loop and we really started swinging.  Sam and I had Nate in between us and Abbie across from us.  Abbie’s face is sheer terror and Nate is bawling next us saying some of the funniest things I’d heard all day.  At that point – all we could do was laugh.  Which actually made Abbie laugh and like the ride but Nate is not a fan of the Mickey Ferris Wheel.  At all.

not so happy ferris wheel

He IS a fan of Autopia, though.

nate catching sam

nate.mama autopia (1 of 1)

dumbo sam.nate (1 of 1)

sam.daisy (1 of 1)

bumper cars

mermaid carousel (1 of 1)

We enjoyed our favorite Disneyland food and treats and had a great time!

churro

parade food

sam and kiddos (1 of 1)

corndog

buzz and his mama

parade waiting

entrance gate (1 of 1)

kiddos (1 of 1)

It was a fabulous trip I’ll never forget!  Nate and I are excited to take Wes & Ryan on our next Disneyland adventure.

4 comments:

The Skeehan Family said...

The Mickey Mouse carousel has me dying right now. Poor poor Naters. I love Ali laughing though!! And I love all your pictures, those are fantastic. Can we talk about the one with Nate hugging Pooh? He just looks like is just in bliss. Honestly, so cute.

Looks like you had such a fabulous time, hope to have a nice visit and hear all about it... this week shouldn't be as crazy, so I'll try you for a change :)

mrs. timberlake said...

Loved these! I think you're cute for trying The swinging ferris wheel, you will NEVER find me on that! Yay you for annual pass :)

Lauren said...

Looks like a fun trip (well, except for the Ferris wheel part). I'm jealous. I miss Disneyland SO MUCH more than I realized I would. Something about being a parent and seeing your kids be so happy. Love that place.

Alisha said...

Looks like so much fun! You have to come and do Disneyworld sometime...you all would LOVE it!