Monday, April 2, 2012

a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. [x3]

That’s one of Nate’s favorite books so I thought it was appropriate to record our last 3 days.  They’ve been rough.

photo (24)

But, it’s made me realize one thing: I’m thankful this doesn’t happen to us very often!  Yes, we get our fair share of runny noses and coughs but we are hardly ever WIPED out like we have been.  Nate started us off with a 103 fever (so sad to watch your kids endure a fever!)  He slowly developed a cough and runny nose to go along with it.  Ryan started running a fever – luckily not quite as high as Nate’s and got a cough.  I did get a few hours of snuggle time from both boys – the only time they stop moving is when a fever wipes them out!  But then I got hit with bronchitis, fever & pounding headaches.  Luckily Wes felt alright so he could take care of all of us!  He was awesome.

Feeling crummy is bad enough – but then having to miss all kinds of fun events because of it makes it even worse.  I feel bad for Naters in that category.  He had to miss his good buddy Jake’s superhero birthday party, his first soccer game, our play.group Easter Egg hunt, etc.  AND . . .  conference weekend is one of my favorites of the year and it was not so fun this go around!

I think the boys and I are slowly on our way to recovery but are still quarantined so we don’t spread this ugly sickness.  I forgot how nasty bronchitis is.  Wes has a sore throat – we’re hoping it stops there and he doesn’t have to endure what the rest of us had!

We’re planning on being all better to enjoy at least the end of spring break.

3 comments:

Melissa Snyder said...

So sorry to hear that everyone is sick. That is never any fun. Hope everyone recovers fast.

mrs. timberlake said...

ugh. that's a long laundry list of things missed out on. boo.

F-A-N-G-U-P-O said...

So sad when sickness goes around....the crazy Utah weather has sure kept us on our toes...hope your little family gets better quick!