Wednesday, December 8, 2010

meet moses

nate petting moses (1 of 1)

My parents & Sam knocked on our door on Sunday with a cute little 8-week old Westie dog  [a west highland terrier – just like the dog we grew up with] in tow.   It was quite a surprise to hear that they got a dog at this stage in their life but he’s a cute little guy & Nate is SMITTEN.  He played and played with Moses and was heartbroken when he had to leave.  On Monday, we made a special trip to Grandma & Grandpa Marz’s house to see Moses and feed him.  After Nate poured the dog food in the bowl and started watching him eat . . . he says, “guys, you’ve got to come see this.  this is amazing!”

Today he spent the entire day with Grandma and Moses while I went to work.  As we were driving there, he asks me if he gets to spend the whole day with Moses.  I said yes and he responds with a very excited . . . “oh boy!  oh boy!”

He had a blast with Moses today.  He was my mom’s little helper.  Having a baby dog and a baby Ryan all day can be a little much – all Moses wanted to do was eat Ryan’s socks off his feet so Nate did a great job of just playing with Moses.  Nate cried when we left . . . apparently 8 hours with a dog isn’t enough.  I’m just glad grandma and grandpa got the dog!

You’re probably wondering how he got a name like Moses.  Well, my dad always said if he had a son he’d name him Moses.  And he never got a son. 

Welcome to the family, Mo.

 sam and moses (1 of 1)

[sam is quite a fan of Mo.  She’s been dog-sitting a lot this week for my mom!  But starting in a week in a half she will be a REAL nurse at a REAL hospital.  GO Sam.  I knew you’d get the job].

5 comments:

Sammy said...

I think my favorite was when Nate told me he wanted to stay at grandma's forever and that Moses was going to be his best friend.

Doreen Griffeth said...

What fun! What a great idea to take care of the dog fix!! So cute! Thanks for sharing the pics and congratulations to Sam!
Love,
MOM G

Kiley said...

Oh moses is adorable!! I think Moses needs a brother that lives at your house :)

Ali said...

We found a stray today and brought him to our backyard until we could find the owner. Abbie named him Percy and the girls played outside with him. We located his home way too fast for Abs and Daisy. Thank goodness they get to spend tomorrow morning with Moses. Poor Kramer is feeling like a second hand citizen.

Julie T. said...

Yay for Mo and Yay for Sam! So fun getting to see you guys:)