Tuesday, February 26, 2013

The Color Run

the team (1 of 1)

Back in October, it was my friend Jamie’s birthday.  She asked a few of us if we’d run the Color Run with her in February!  A group of us said yes.  I hate running but I had every intent of actually training for a 5K with the goal to run the entire thing.  I asked Sam if she’d do it, too because she was at my same running level and we could train together without holding anyone back.

me and kiley (1 of 1)

Lets just say we didn’t train and Sam bailed at the last minute {she was recovering from bronchial issues} but my dear friend Kiley stepped in at the last minute and it was perfect!  I never see Kiley – especially without kiddos – so we had a nice leisurely walk/jog to catch up as we got blasted with color.

post race (1 of 1)

ladies (1 of 1)

I was the designated driver in the mini-van.  It was quite smelly and full of color after I dropped everyone off but it was a really fun race.  Thanks Jamie for the invite!

car full (1 of 1)

1 comment:

The Skeehan Family said...

I'm uber impressed you even agreed!!! I think if I were ever to do that they would have to throw cookies at me as I ran and have big ice cream sundaes waiting at the finish line :)

nice job friend!!