Sunday, November 4, 2012

World Series 2012

During the playoffs, my dad casually mentioned that he might be able to get some World Series tickets.  When Wes’ birthday week rolled around & Game 2 was on his birthday I asked my dad if he really thought that was an option.  Before I knew it he was on the phone and 24 hours later he got a text confirming that we had four tickets.  On my dad’s bucket list is “a world series game” so he was excited to bring my mom & come, too!

IMG_3606

I had 24 hours to figure out what to do with my kiddos but thanks to friends & my sisters it all worked out and on Wes’ 32nd birthday we jumped on a plane to San Francisco to watch Game 2 of the World Series: Giants vs. Tigers.  We had an adrenaline rush at the airport – there are a bazillion SW flights from Vegas to Oakland and Wes glanced at the wrong flight on the screen so we went to the C gates and waited for an hour instead of the B gates.  Luckily he figured it out and we sprinted to the B gates and made it in time. 

W&L (1 of 1)

stadium entrance (1 of 1)

the field (1 of 1)

mom and dad (1 of 1)

fans (1 of 1)

at&t park (1 of 1)

ghirardelli (1 of 1)

It was awesome. 

The stadium was great . . . right on the water.  And the Giants Fans were really fun, too.  Overall, just a great time.  After the game we went down to Ghirardelli Square and had ice cream sundaes for Wes’ birthday.  I sure do love that city.  We couldn’t get back to Vegas that night so Wes and I booked ourselves on the 6am flight so Sam didn’t have to spend all morning at our house after being with the kids all night! 

Sometimes spontaneous trips like that are the best.  And you can’t beat a baseball game – especially in the World Series!  Happy Birthday, Wes.  Not sure I’ll ever be able to top that birthday present!

No comments: