Thursday, March 15, 2012

in the kitchen.

For a long while, I was dreaming of a white kitchen table and fun, colored chairs.  It’s always been a favorite look of mine.  And luckily with the internet and now, Pinterest . . . it’s pretty easy to find ideas.

However, with two little boys in my house I am not in the business of purchasing expensive furniture.   Luckily I found a great white round table from Ikea about a year ago [it’s surprisingly holding up quite well!]  And then came the search for kitchen chairs.   There were plenty of kitchen chairs that I loved that weren’t in my price range but after months of checking Craigs List, I gave up.  But then a few months later I decided to try Craigs List again and wa la!  I instantly found kitchen chairs for CHEAP.  And I bought them. 

I’m super indecisive so determining the chair paint color took way longer than it should have.  I found pictures of just about every chair color imaginable but kept coming back to these:

ORANGE CHAIRS 2

ORANGE CHAIRS

ORANGE CHAIRS 3

And so, I went for it.  I bought Wes the spray paint [Home Depot Paprika] and after we both sanded the heck out of the chairs, he painted them for me!   And I have to say, it makes a world of difference in my kitchen/family room area. It needed a little pop of color.  Now I’m dreaming of white kitchen cabinets & hardwood type floors – I’m pretty sure I’ll be dreaming for a long time . . .

kitchen chairs (1 of 1)

9 comments:

F-A-N-G-U-P-O said...

They turned out awesome! Love it! Don't you just love pinterest! Haha it sure gets my creative wheels turning!

Doreen Griffeth said...

I love these! What a great color!
Can't wait to see them.
MOM G

laurel said...

I love it!

Alisha said...

Awesome!

The Skeehan Family said...

I LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT! That is awesome that you have pictured it and then made it happen, you have such a great eye. Looks wonderful.

And Nate riding his bike without training wheels?! He is incredible!!! Way to go Naters!

Melissa Snyder said...

Turned out really cute Lindsay. I wish I were more creative like that.

Laurel said...

VERY cute! I love color!

mrs. timberlake said...

Fabulous!!!!!!

Unknown said...

LOVE the colors! P.S. I'm going through your book list. I just finished the Hidden Garden and loved it. So sad, right?